image : the kitchn
I’m absolutely in love with the new Sweet Paul: Eat + Make book.
This recipe from Real Simple is my go-to for a quick healthy dinner. It’s so easy and tasty that I promise, anyone that tries one of these burgers will ask you for the recipe!
Hands-On Time: 25m
Total Time: 25m
1. Heat broiler. In a large bowl, combine the turkey, zucchini, carrot, garlic, thyme, salt, pepper, and egg. Form the mixture into 4 patties.
2. Heat 1 tablespoon of the oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Cook the patties, turning once, until no pink remains, 4 to 5 minutes per side.
3. Meanwhile, place the bread on a baking sheet and brush with the remaining oil. Broil until golden brown and crisp, about 1 ½ minutes.
4. Transfer the bread to individual plates. Top with the lettuce and burgers. If desired, combine the mayonnaise and lemon juice and serve with the burgers.
For extra zest, immediately after removing the bread from the oven, rub it with the cut side of a peeled, halved garlic clove.
can’t. stop. eating. this.
Such a perfect lunch and easy to make in the morning. I like to add some chicken or salmon and replace the arugula with mixed greens. Yum!
The perfect (and easy!) Valentine’s day dessert.
1. In the top of a double boiler set over simmering water, heat the butter and chocolate together until the chocolate is almost completely melted. While that’s heating, beat together the eggs, yolks, and sugar with a whisk or electric beater until light and thick.
2. Beat together the melted chocolate and butter; it should be quite warm. Pour in the egg mixture, then quickly beat in the flour, just until combined.
3. Butter and lightly flour four 4-ounce molds, custard cups, or ramekins. Tap out the excess flour, then butter and flour them again. Divide the batter among the molds. (At this point you can refrigerate the desserts until you are ready to eat, for up to several hours; bring them back to room temperature before baking.
4. Preheat the oven to 450 degrees. Bake the molds on a tray for 6 to 7 minutes; the center will still be quite soft, but the sides will be set.
5. Invert each mold onto a plate and let sit for about 10 seconds. Unmold by lifting up one corner of the mold; the cake will fall out onto the plate. Serve immediately.
inspiration for your next culinary adventure